5 Things We Learned From J. Cole’s Interview With Hard Knock TV (Video)
You gotta love Hard Knock TV’s interviews. Nick Huff gets down to the heart of the matter with his subjects in a relaxed, no-pressure environment.
J. Cole’s cooled off on press as his fame has grown. However, the Roc Nation/Sony sensation opens up to Hard Knock, with his b-boy reflection glasses on.
Here’s some of what you get:
1. An affinity for Kool Moe Dee.
2. Pre-2007 J. Cole songs (with a snippet included).
3. Reading (the essential) OHHLA.com.
4. The MC’s whose cut-outs he had on his childhood bedroom wall—including an artist he has a unique history with, not Nas.
5. Getting his name mispronounced by a hype-man on Wale’s Attention Deficit Tour.