Cannibal Ox Returns With Sophomore LP, MF DOOM & The Artifacts Are Involved
Nearly 15 years removed from The Cold Vein, New York City underground Hip-Hop heroes Cannibal Ox have announced their return. Vast Aire and Vordul Mega announced today (January 20), that Blade Of The Ronin will commemorate their return, March 3, 2015. The release will come from the artists’ own IGC Records, distributed by iHipHop.
With Cold Vein producer and Def Jux label-backer El-P now focused on Run The Jewels and solo interests, the duo hands the reigns to emerging talent Bill Cosmiq. However, ’90s underground icons MF DOOM, U-God (Wu-Tang Clan) and The Artifacts are on board, as well as A.T.O.M.S. Family brethren, Double A.B.
Earlier, HipHopDX premiered the tracklist and artwork—confirmed by press release:
- Cipher Unknown (Intro)
- Opposite of Desolate f/ Double A.B.
- Psalm 82
- The Power Cosmiq f/ Kenyattah Black
- Blade: The Art of Ox f/ Artifacts & U-God (of Wu-Tang Clan)
- Pressure of Survival (Skit)
- Carnivorous f/ Elzhi & Bill Cosmiq
- Thunder In July f/ Space, Swave Sevah & Elohem Star
- The Horizon (Interlude)
- Harlem Knights
- Sabertooth f/ Irealz & Bill Cosmiq
- Iron Rose f/ MF Doom
- Solar System (Cosmos) (Skit)
- The Fire Rises
- Gotham (Ox City)
- Unison (Skit)
- Vision f/ The Quantum)
#BonusBeat: Take some time remember Cold Vein sleeper, “Stress Rap”—or if you’re not up on CanOx, to discover the uniqueness.