Kxng Crooked & Royce 5’9 Are More Than Enough To Slaughter Most MCs (Audio)
As fans eagerly await a third Slaughterhouse album, Kxng Crooked (fka Crooked I) and Royce 5’9 get ready for Halloween with a bloodbath of bars. “Truth (Why You Mad)” is the first glimpse of Crooked’s Good vs. Evil 2: The Red Empire (December 8) the follow-up to 2016’s RBC Records album.
Crook’ starts things off, spitting lines like, “Truthfully, I never thought I’d rap like Common Sense / But I woke up my people, and been rappin’ like Common since,” reworking JAY-Z’s line. “The hood is movin’ different / Than you envision / Consumerism / Is the new religion.” He further addresses hard truths like racism, the prison industry, and hurdles facing youth today—asserting we are too busy focusing on jewels and Jordans to care. Cleverly, the Long Beach MC adds that the problems existed long before #23 ever set foot on an NBA court.
Months after Bar Exam 4, Royce is still on a tear. Nickel Nine leads with, “Tell the truth: who the best in this industry? / If it ain’t Crooked, Kendrick, and Cole, b*tch, then it’s me.” The PRhyme MC goes on to prove his case with clever similes, and strong convictions. The Detroit MC challenges lying rappers with confrontation. Royce has never shunned from giving his opinions on rappers either, clear from July’s “Rate The Bars” segment for BET. He uses the “Truth (Why You Mad)” platform to big up House Gang too.
The tracklist to Good vs. Evil 2:
- ‘Wake Up Show Intro’ f/ Sway & King Tech
- ‘The MAGA Continues’ (Produced By Lavish)
- ‘Red Hood’s Plot’ (Hahahaha) (Produced By Lavish)
- ‘GiveUDatHammer’ (Produced By Aktive)
- ‘Revolution Come’ f/ Jai (Produced By Snaz)
- ‘Truth’ (Why You Mad) f/ Royce 5’9(Produced By C-Wash)
- ‘Shoot Back 2’ (Dear Officer)(Produced By Jay Wash)
- ‘Adderall Addicts’ (Produced By C-Wash)
- ‘Cowboy Bebop’ (Produced By Illeagle)
- ‘Thug Poetry’ f/ Jay Townsend (Produced By Snaz)
- ‘City Lights’ (Produced By ENG)
- ‘Brainwashed N*666a’ (Produced By Audio Jones)
- ‘Stand’ f/ Styles P & Emanny (Produced By Lavish)
- ‘Mace Windu’ (Produced By MR Authentic)