Cereal Killa: Your Favorite Childhood Cereals Are Changing…

Whether you’re KRS-One or just an average Joe, things are about to change when you  “wake up every morning to your Lucky Charms cereal.”

Health consciousness has become a major concern for Americans as years of sedentary lifestyles and processed foods begin to manifest themselves into side effects like obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Scores of brands have come under fire for harmful ingredients in their products, including Subway, Nestle’s Maggi Noodles, Four Loko beverages, and now, General Mills’ cereals.

The creator of childhood favorites likes Lucky Charms and Reese’s Puffs have made great strides in improving the quality of its ingredients in equally beloved cereals like Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. However, according to a recent statement published by the company, those improvements account for only 60% of their products. Now, the remaining 40% are undergoing makeovers of sorts, a process that will eschew the use of chemical additives and artificial flavors for things like Turmeric extract and vegetable juice.

Coloful Fruit Cereal Loops in a Bowl
This news comes with presumed mixed reviews. Nutrition intersects with nostalgia, as an experience many Heads relate to is changing. Are “cartoons and cereal” changed forever?

What do you think?

Related: Obey Your Thirst, And Some Nas, Biggie, Drake, & Rakim Lyrics While You’re At It…